A smoky eye is the most dramatic look for evening- it’s pretty and sexy. Remember to keep layering the color and continue to check until you like the look.
12 Steps To Sultry:
- Start with white shadow on the entire lid. Choose a medium, smoky color for the lower lid. Apply it three-quarters of the way up.
- Continue to layer the color to make it darker. Add a deeper color on top and in the crease to intensify the look.
- Concentrate on the crease. Continue to layer the shadow deeply enough to create the dramatic effect.
- Use your finger to soften the shadow.
- Using pencil or dark shadow or liner, apply in smooth strokes moving from the outer to the inner corner of the eyelid.
- To give the pencil line staying power, use a liner brush to sweep a layer of eye shadow over the pencil.
- Reapply more shadow to add more definition. Continue layering and checking for the effect you desire.
- Line underneath the eye beginning at the outside corner, moving toward the inner corner.
- Line as close to the lashes as possible.
- Soften the line using a clean finger or Q-tip.
- Smudge the line to create a smoky look, somewhere between liner and shadow. The liner can be thickened.
- Final smoky eye.
What’s your favorite way to play up your eyes?