It’s always fun to collaborate with my friend Rachel Roy, the uber talented designer, on her fashion shows— and this Fashion Week was no exception.
Rachel is all about color and she often designs her collections around a color that’s inspired her~
“Rachel’s Fall ’12 collection is inspired by nature in its purest form, with rich colors and raw textures. To complement the collection, the makeup features a strong eye in earthy tones. A healthy bronzed cheek and nude stained lips complete the look.”
For her Fall ’12 collection, she was all about the rich colors and raw textures of nature. So when we started concepting the makeup for the look, I chose the lush greens, browns, and golds you see in nature. I added a soft pink cheek, a cocoa nude lip, and (as always) a bit of sparkle to create a fresh, clean face. Lastly, I juxtaposed the soft colors with a bold brow for a look that was both feminine and strong.
Check out the video below where I talk about my inspiration for the makeup.
Get The Look Now
- Step One: Apply Hydrating Face Cream and Hydrating Eye Cream to prep the skin.
- Step Two: Usually here, I would finish the skin, but since the look incorporated a very smoky eye, I’m going to do the eye first so that the dusting of the shadows that will fall on the cheek can be easily fixed. First, apply Sage Metallic Eye Shadow from lash line to crease using an Eye Shadow Brush. Then apply Forest Metallic Eye Shadow along the upper and lower lash lines using a Smudge Brush. Next apply Ivory Shadow under the brow bone to give the eyes a lift.
- Step Three: Finish the eyes with one coat of Everything Mascara.
- Step Four: Apply Corrector / Concealer to lighten and brighten under the eye.
- Step Five: Next, apply Foundation Stick where there is redness in the skin for sheer, natural coverage.
- Step Six: Apply Sheer Finished Pressed or Loose Powder where there is any shine and to set foundation.
- Step Seven: Apply Desert Pink Blush to the apples of the cheek, blend back towards the hairline and down towards the jaw line.
- Step Eight: Press Beige Lip Color into the lips for a matte, natural finish using your finger.
- Step Nine: For your brows, choose a color that is the same color as your brows and hair color, apply using a stiff bristle brush.