The kitchen is one of the most popular places in our office. At any point in the day, you can find people preparing meals, grabbing a drink or just taking a quick break from their crazy day. The old kitchen had been around for years and had become a bit overcrowded with a lot of not great food choices. So as part of the “Year of Health” we gave it a makeover.
First, we cleared out some of the clutter and put in open shelving to create a sense of more space (thanks, Container Store). Then, I set out to restock our pantry with all the good-for-you snacks I could think of. Here are the some of our current selections:
- Brad’s Raw Kale Chips (everyone knows I’m crazy for kale)
- Flackers (my latest obsession – I eat them with absolutely everything)
- Almond Milk (little known fact: it has even more calcium than regular milk)
- Sensible Fruits Dehydrated fruit snacks (a perfectly satisfying treat whenever a sugar craving strikes)
- Raw Sugar packets (much better than table sugar)
- Truvia packets (contains zero calories and is even said to have health benefits)
- Agave Syrup (a great, all-natural sugar substitute)
- Mary’s Gone Crackers (organic, vegan, gluten-free—and totally delicious)
- Almond Butter (packed with protein and so good for you)
- Plain Instant Oatmeal (a healthy comfort food—don’t forget to add flax or berries)
- Kashi Cereal (quick and healthy)
- Soy Milk (an alternative to dairy for those who need it)
New mini-espresso maker and pods by Nespresso – good for that 3pm stretch…
Mary’s Gone Crackers – delicious….
Always on hand? Goblets of water with slices of lemon. We also found new utensils made out of recycled corn product- completely bio-degradable.