Mad About Matte

This season it’s all about matte. Creamy Matte Lip Color, that is. We love the classic-meets-modern look and incredibly moisturizing, light-as-air feel. Plus the shades—so many shades!—in everything from pretty nudes to bold brights. Inspired by the look of blotting out creamy moisturizing lipstick (a look Bobbi specifically created for Fashion Week), this lip color is runway worthy with real-life wearability too—plus it’s the perfect pigment-rich formula to transition your look into fall.

(Fun fact: the Valencia shade was named after Alicia Valencia, our VP of Global Education, Artistry & Events, a Miami girl whose fiery lipstick color always seems to match her larger-than-life personality.)

With 8-hour wear, this formula works overtime.  And each color has its own distinctive personality.  So what’s Bobbi’s personal go-to shade? Tawny Pink, of course. The perfect pinky neutral for pretty, polished lips.

9 thoughts on “Mad About Matte

1. I am curious if Bobbi has ever considered having a “senior” spokes person. I am pleased with her selection of Katie Holmes… Great choice. I know that Iris Apfel has represented a cosmetic company and if I do say so my 90 year old Mom would put her to shame. Maybe it is my Midwest values of simplicity, but My Moms youthful skin, appearance, and spirit is amazing. It makes me wish that she and her years of caring for herself and taking pride in her appearance
    could be displayed and honored.
    I was just curious what her thoughts were on this subject as I have such respect for Bobbi and value her as a person.

2. I would love to sport the model’s look! Would you think it works on a brunette? How can I recreate it (colorwise?) should I change colors? Thanks!!!

Reply on October 19th, 2012

We love the model’s Creamy Matte Lip Color in Jenna too and it will absolutely work on brunettes! Be sure to give it a try for a fun + festive look. Looking for an everyday shade that’s a bit more natural? Why not try Bobbi’s fave—Tawny Pink Creamy Matte Lip Color.

Caterina Reply:

Reply on October 19th, 2012

Thank you! I will definetly try both! For sure I ma intrigued by Tawny pink…chic and polished for everyday with a subtle smoky eye!

3. I just purchased the Tawny Pink from QVC. I always look foward to Bobbi’s shows. I am excited to try the creamy matte lip color. :-)

4. Love the model’s look! Is she wearing the Jenna matte lip color? What is her blush? I have similar coloring and would love to recreate this look but never know what blush to pair with a strong lip (and a bit of bronzer by itself just washes me out).

Reply on January 2nd, 2013

Hi Denise, the model is wearing Jenna Creamy Matte Lip Color and Pale Pink Blush.

5. I love the matte look here. It still looks moist, but more polished than a gloss. Can an older woman, say, 54 wear this look? Yes…I am talking about myself!

Reply on January 22nd, 2013

Absolutely! Our online Bobbi Brown Artists would love to offer some shades to compliment your coloring. Simply go to Bobbibrown.com and click on “Talk To An Artist” and we’ll take care of the rest.