I find, no matter what their age, women complain about looking (and feeling) tired. There are a lot of skincare products out there that claim to help, but I find the fastest and quickest fixes are right in your makeup bag.
Of course, I always start with under-eye corrector and concealer (see my Secret of the Universe). But there are a couple more measures you can take to look even more awake and revived—and they have to do with eyes:
Looking younger, as we all know, starts from within. You guys know I’m a huge fan of eating healthy. It started with my mom growing up (she taught me the importance of eating for nutrition and that’s stayed with me ever since). I’ve also got to credit my niece, Rebecca, for turning me on to kale; it’s become a staple in my diet. There are so many benefits to eating this leafy green:
- High in fiber (great for detox), zero calories and no fat
- High in iron—more iron than beef
- High in Vitamin K, which can help protect against various cancers and early onset Alzheimer’s disease. Can also help reduce dark circles!
- High in Vitamin A (key to healthy skin), C and calcium (helps with cell renewal)
- Has powerful antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory food
One of my favorite recipes for a quick kale fix is my yummy Coconut Kale Shake:
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- ½ frozen organic banana
- A handful of frozen organic cherries
- ½ to 1 cup of kale, depending on personal taste
Add all ingredients to blender (Vitamix recommended) and blend for one minute until you have a smoothie. Pour and serve.
Want more healthy tips on looking fresher, better? Check out Dr. Oz’s recent show.