Envelope, Please

The results are in!

The look of liquid with the ease of a gel. How’s that for an amazing performance?

• The Winner for Best Product in a Supporting Role goes to…Bronzer.

Because smooth, sun-kissed skin goes with absolutely everything.

• The Winner for Best Special Effect goes to…Concealer.

No one’s perfect but our Creamy Concealer helps us come pretty close.

Serious protection with ultra-rich moisture, Extra helps fight the effects of aging too.

And let’s take a moment to remember products of the past.

They’ll always hold a special place in our hearts.

Inspired by this Sunday’s Oscars, we’ve decided to create our own awards, the Boscars. Just as glam as the Hollywood original, our version of the event honors the A-list products that we think deserve a standing ovation. Check out the nominees in each category and let us know which ones you think should be given top honors by commenting below. We’ll be revealing the winners once all the votes are in, so stay tuned.

XO,

Bobbi

Shimmer Brick, Rich Lip Color, Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, Pot Rouge, Intensifying Long-Wear Mascara

Face Brush, Bronzer, Lip Gloss, Lip Balm, Brow Shaper

Retouching Powder, Creamy Concealer, Eye Brightener, Crystal Lip Gloss, Face Touch-Up Stick

Skin Foundation SPF 25, EXTRA Repair Moisturizing Balm SPF 25, SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer, BB Cream SPF 35, EXTRA Repair Foundation SPF 25

21 thoughts on “Envelope, Please

1. I miss the products in the memoriam section. I loved the Beach soap and the shaving cream. I also loved the baby line for my kids and myself. But, all the Boscars are well deserved.

2. Fun! Eyeliner is the star of my look everyday! Beyond solves tons of problems(under plays redness, warns up dullness, fixes an odd coloring, contours a bit without looking cheesy) so it’s most supportive. Concealer is best special effect hands down…and I like the extra rich for screen play!

3. Fun! Eyeliner is the star of my look everyday! Bronzer solves tons of problems(under plays redness, warns up dullness, fixes an odd coloring, contours a bit without looking cheesy) so it’s most supportive. Concealer is best special effect hands down…and I like the extra rich for screen play!

4. For best in leading role: Pot Rouge
    For best in supporting role: Bronzer
    For Best in special effects: eye brightener
    For best in sunscreen play: it is a tie between Skin Foundation 15 and BB SPF35

5. Here are my votes:
    Leading Role: Long wear gel eyeliner
    Supporting Role: Face brush
    Special Effects: Creamy concealer
    (Sun)Screen Play: BB Cream
    in memoriam: none

6. Pot rouge, bronzer, eye brightener, extra repair moisturizing balm SPF 25, beach sun stick (I would so love to see a return of the beach sun range which was AMAZING!!!!)

7. Long wear gel eyeliner.
    Lip balm
    Creamy concealer
    Extra repair Moisturizing balm SPF 25.
    I would definitely add to the “In Memoriam” list the passing of the ‘Sheer Color Cheek Tint’…..and for an Honorable Mention, the ‘Face Highlighter Pen’!

8. Best product should be foundation stick, it started it all and continues to be unchallenged in the marketplace. Of the nominees, I’d have to say I like the pot rouge the best, but I think the colors have to be updated to include more neutrals, as do the lipsticks. The original Bobbi Brown, brown based colors, no longer exist. There are many more types of lipsticks, but the colors have gotten cooler and brighter, maybe good for some skintones, but not mine. Supporting product has to be the bronzer. That has only gotten better with age. I own three colors, golden light, medium and natural (which I bought after I fell in love with Bahama Brown in the Desert Twighlight combo and tried to match the color the best I could). They are all natural, do not turn orange, and since I like warm colors, can be used as blush, contour, or my neutral blush under a pop of brighter color! Best special effect has to be the creamy concealer, although I think the creamy corrector should have been nominated. Many companies make good concealers, although yours is the best, but when one of your artists put the corrector on me at an event, in light bisque, my life was never the same. That is a product that is not ubiquitous in the marketplace, and thus deserves special mention. I just purchased the light bisque eye brightener, but I’m not quite sure how to use it, as I still use the corrector. I cannot really comment on sunscreen, as I do not use any of those products. I’m having a lot of trouble finding a winter foundation color, as I have pink undertones when very fair, and your foundations are very yellow in the warm ivory/sand area where I should be in the winter. In the summer, the foundation stick is great for light or heavy coverage, and is so easy to travel with. An amazing moisturizer with sunscreen, preferable non-chemical, would be a great addition to the line, especially to be worn under the foundations that do not have sunscreen, and therefore photograph more naturally. I never used any of the products in the in memorium section. but I do morn the loss of the lipstick in malted, walnut stain and mocha stain. Also, the old color of Tawny blush, that had more brown in it!! A few neutral blushes would be nice, although, as I said, I substitute bronzers where I can. In summary, the quality of your products is unbeatable, which is why I suggest you add to your line instead of just jumping ship and shopping other lines. Congratulations on many years of great products and superlative talent. If I could win a Boscar, it would be a makeover by Bobbi Brown herself!!!

Reply on February 25th, 2013

We so appreciate your kind words & this makes all of Bobbi’s hard work worth it! Thanks so much for being a great fan & we’ve passed along all your feedback to the appropriate department as well. Please also feel free to email your suggestions/comments to ConsumerCare-SOC@gcc.bobbibrown.com.

Anne Reply:

Reply on February 25th, 2013

Ellen I am with you a personal Make lesson with Bobbi would be awesome. My Mom tried over the years for a gift for me. But, unfortunately she doesn’t do that anymore. Sad…but, I would be in line with you.

9. Leading role: Tie: Shimmer Brick/Rich Lip color
    Supporting role: Bronzer
    Special Effects: Concealer
    Screen Play: SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer
    In Memoriam: BEACH BAR: PLEASE BOBBI, BRING THIS BACK FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!

Reply on February 25th, 2013

Hi Cindy. We’ve definitely made note of your request and will keep our fingers crossed to see the Beach Sand Bar again one day soon. Also–be sure to check out Bobbi’s current line-up of Beach products at Bobbibrown.com.

10. I think you should bring pack the Beach Sandbar for Mother’s Day special. I know a few Mother’s that would be extremely happy.lol

Reply on February 26th, 2013

We’ve certainly passed along your wishes for the return of Bobbi’s Beach Sand Bar! Also-make sure to check out the entire Beach Collection online at Bobbibrown.com.