Smoking Hot, Smoking Easy

Want to channel Sofia, Elizabeth and Brigette for your night on the town? Its easy as 1, 2, 3. I think the biggest misconception about a smokey eye is that you have to be a pro to get it right. Anyone can do this, watch this video for the breakdown.

For some extra inspiration, check out our round up of iconic smokey eyes.

XO,

Bobbi

Smokey Eyes

19 thoughts on “Smoking Hot, Smoking Easy

1. Love, love, love the tips – but…please note the model is wearing false eyelashes. Mascara alone will not provide the full look.

Thanks!

Reply on December 30th, 2013

One of Bobbi’s favorite tips for full and lush lashes is to coat your fringe with two different mascaras. Try using one for thickening plus volume and the other for lengthening. Bobbi’s online Artists are standing by to suggest your perfect formulas. Visit http://www.BobbiBrown.com and click on “Talk to an Artist” and we’ll get you on your way to amazing lashes.

2. What colour can I use on older skin, I always use Brown but would like to get à different colour

Reply on January 2nd, 2014

Pop your hazel eyes with Bobbi’s Heather or Slate Eye Shadow. You’ll love how both shades can be worn softly or smoke out your eyes simply by adding a bit more color. View here: http://bit.ly/BBEyeShadow.

3. What colour can I use on older skin, I have hazel eyes & slight olive skin. I always wear Brown but would like to try another colour?

Reply on December 30th, 2013

4. Love this tip on smokey eyes! Can you suggest shade(s) for Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick for dark brown, almost black eyes? I want my eyes pop-out like the model’s blue eyes – looking so striking.

Reply on January 2nd, 2014

Hi Fathin! Golden Bronze Long Wear Cream Shadow lined with Black Ink Long Wear Gel Eyeliner will pop your dark brown eyes perfectly. View all the stunning shades at http://www.BobbiBrown.com.

5. Pingback: Smokey eye video, just in time for NYE! | Beauty Sphere

6. Love the look! Im wondering if that violet plum shade will work on me…I have deep brown eyes, brown hair and fair-medium skin tone?

Reply on January 2nd, 2014

Hi Trae! Violet Plum Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick is gorgeous for your brown eyes and skin tone. Let us know what you think once you try it!

7. The little videos are good, but lack some details that would be helpful to include. BB has had several iterations of the smoky eye look (I wish I had known how to do the techni For example, I got a lesson in creating the smoky eye look at Nordstrom from Maria, a BB makeup artist from NYC

8. BB has had several iterations of the smoky eye look. It is confusing when another neat, new way to do the smoky eye comes out — other than convenience, is one method preferable for me, is there something I should add or eliminate from doing the smoky eye look because of my age? For example, I recently had a lesson from Maria, a BB makeup artist who advised me not to line my lower lid or to put mascara on my lower lashes — I assume she said that so that an onlooker’s eye is drawn upward away from my sagging, wrinkled skin (your skin care products are great, but they do not stop the aging process). I use both powder & cream shadows, depending on the event & how long I will have to wear the makeup. I bought the smoky eye liners…haven’t used them for the smoky eye look.

I understand that you might prefer that makeup artists answer our questions, so that they can suggest products we may not own (i.e., to sell more makeup), but a little more guidance about the smoky eye look would be helpful. I have the impression that the smoky eye look necessitates relatively dark eye shadow colors…I see the lighter colors as “regular” eye makeup. I wonder how many people don’t know that one should use much lighter blush & lipstick than usual with the smoky eye look, so you don’t look “cheap” or overly made up.

Reply on January 2nd, 2014

Hi Anne! Bobbi online Artists are standing by to offer step-by-step instructions for creating the perfect smokey eye using the products you already own. Simply visit http://www.BobbiBrown.com and click on “Talk to an Artist”.

9. This is a repeat question…..which sadly went unanswered…when you posted the grand opening of bobbi in india….I had asked for a recommendation for shades ideal for indian skin tone/to go with honey foundation shade. I.e. flaterring shadow , blush/bronzer and lip. Brunette/brown eyes…..as bobbi is very much loved by indian girls. Thank you!

Reply on January 13th, 2014

We’re sorry your questions went unanswered, Indian Princess. Thanks for all the details on your coloring and here’s what we hope you’ll take a look at. Eyes: Bone, Sable and Espresso Eye Shadows, Cheeks: Deep Bronzing Powder with a “pop” of Nectar Blush and Lips: Brownie Pink Lip Color and Lip Liner and Buff Lip Gloss. We can’t wait for you to try this classic #BobbiBrown look!

Indian princess Reply:

Reply on January 16th, 2014

Great suggestions! Will try. Thank you!

10. Just bought my first cream shadow and gel liner and I LOVE it. Oh my goodness. I have been a Bobbi Brown fan for a while now, but I just had not tried this until now. Yep; I’m a forever fan of these two items! Thank you! =)